Family law mediation can be a valuable tool for many couples facing a divorce, especially when children are involved. A mediation expert can help both parties in a dispute to resolve conflicts in a safe, respectful environment.
A divorce mediator acts as a neutral party who empowers individuals to come up with agreeable solutions to hot-button family law issues like child custody, alimony, and child support, by helping to reduce misunderstandings and explore ways to compromise.
While divorce mediation isn’t suitable for all couples facing a divorce, many find it beneficial. In fact, it is not uncommon for a judge to order parties in a divorce proceeding to participate in mediation to help resolve conflicts.
Shupperd Law is an Idaho family law firm that offers mediation services to clients throughout Boise, Meridian, Nampa, and the entire region with the help of Julie Henry, a professional mediator with experience in divorce mediation. Her family law knowledge and expertise make her uniquely qualified to handle all of your Idaho divorce mediation needs.
Is Mediation Right for You?
When it comes to managing conflict in a divorce process, there are innumerable benefits to working with an experienced family law mediator, including:
- A divorce mediator helps parties settle their differences outside the courtroom in a less stressful and more private setting.
- Employing the services of a professional mediator can help avoid divorce litigation, saving time and money.
- Third-party divorce mediators are unbiased and work to facilitate mutually agreed-upon resolutions through non-aggressive discussions and productive negotiations.
- Often, child custody mediation and divorce mediation allows the parties to reach a settlement that is best for everyone involved, rather than having to live with an outcome that the courts impose.
- A divorce mediator can help to reduce the emotional strain and stress of divorce.
- Mediation helps to foster creative solutions that otherwise would be unattainable.
- The conflict resolution skills learned through family law mediation can be helpful moving forward.
- Mediation sessions are confidential and empower all parties involved in the process.
- At Shupperd Law, family law mediation services are available in person and via Zoom.
How Does Mediation Impact the Need for an Attorney?
Mediation should have little to no impact on your decision to hire an Idaho divorce attorney. In fact, most individuals involved in a divorce often find tremendous success working with a divorce attorney and a professional divorce mediator simultaneously.
The role of a divorce mediator should not be to replace your divorce lawyer but rather to act as a neutral party who can help both individuals resolve any conflicts that might arise during the divorce process. As stated earlier, it is not uncommon for a court to mandate mediation as part of the divorce process.
Can Mediators Help Solve Alimony and Child Custody Disputes?
Yes. Child custody mediation, child support mediation, and alimony mediation are standard services our family law mediator offers. Your mediator will work to help resolve any conflicts associated with these and other issues so that both parties can reach an agreement that will work for everyone.
Anyone facing a divorce should talk to a lawyer about the benefits of hiring a professional mediator as part of the process. If you have not yet filed for divorce but are considering it, or if your spouse has filed for divorce and you are ready to take the next step, contact the divorce and mediation professionals at Shupperd Law today.
Call 208-271-7266 or request a free, no-obligation consultation to schedule an appointment with Julie Henry, an experienced and knowledgable mediator, or with Kevin Shupperd, a leading family law and divorce attorney.